Saturday, December 1, 2007

What A Way To Ring In The Season!

As if on cue, we were pounded by the white stuff this morning. We couldn't have ordered anything more fun. However, since I was hosting two music recitals at my home this morning, I would have preferred an afternoon snowstorm, rather than a morning slammer. And just to make us all really nervous, the snow blower had a hard time getting started. It was still hibernating for the summer, I think. But My Guy (not to be confused with The Guy, who is two and does not currently understand what a bed is for) won out and convinced it to start. So we cleared the driveway, the recitals were fabulous and now we're all settling down for a movie, some twinkling tree lights and a quiet evening at home.

I'm so excited for this holiday season. We have family coming into town and we're already starting to make fun plans and looking forward to great traditions with Brett-o's side of the family, my side of the family, and some of our own traditions, too! Speaking of traditions, our first one of the season will be making snowflakes tonight. I'll post some pictures soon. I think the girls are going to get a kick out of it. So, put on a pot of a warm beverage of your choice, curl up with a good book or movie and enjoy this splendid season!

0 comments: