Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Traditions: DINNER and DECORATING at GRANDMA and GRANDPAS!

We get together with my parents and siblings on the first Sunday of every month for dinner. We usually get a pretty good group, everyone comes when they can. In December, we help my Mom and Dad pull out their Christmas tree from storage and put up their train. Now mind you, this is no regular train. This is a very fancy, very fun, very pricey big train. They now have two engines, a shed to park one of the cars in, and track that goes around most of the family room downstairs. It is a ton of fun. Just ask The Guy.



My nephews are usually in charge of putting up the train. The minute they pulled out the boxes, Guy started screaming "Toot Toot . . . Toot Toot." It was so darling. We think he'll do fine, once it's up and going and he can see not to touch it. I really hope.

The girls were in charge of the Avon nativity, circa 1984, and handing ornaments to the tree decoraters. They just love to help. I wish I could bottle that love for when they turn 13.


So, we're looking pretty festive around here and Grandma and Grandpa's house is looking pretty fun too. Now is when I start skipping around the house singing "The Christmas Song" and listening to Christmas music 24/7. Did I mention I love this time of year?!
Stay tuned for Christmas Chains!

1 comments:

Erin said...

You guys are so cute--especially little Ryan looking at the trains. Excited for Christmas!