Friday, December 7, 2007

Hello, I'm a Children's Book Addict

Doesn't the saying go that "Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery." Well, here's my problem:

But, when your kids curl up in your lap every night to read a Christmas book, how can you resist? The girls never miss a night with one of their Christmas stories. In all fairness, my illness is not entirely of my own making. For our first three or four Christmas seasons after the Bug was born, my darling mother-in-law would send us clues to books she was sending to us. My mom also got into the act with several selections of her own. And I just had to have a few from a sale at the local book-selling giant. So, you can see how things got a little out of control. But I love every one of our Christmas books.

Some of our favorites:

Auntie Claus by Elise Primavera
Auntie Claus and the Key to Christmas by Elise Primavera
The Mitten by Jan Brett
Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett
Angelina's Christmas by Katherine Holabird
The Polar Express by Chris Van Alsburg
Christmas in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
A Snowman Named Just Bob by Mark Kimball Moulton
Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
Dream Snow by Eric Carle
Olive, the Other Reindeer by J. Otto Seibold
The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
I'll Be Home for Christmas by Holly Hobbie
Eloise at Christmastime by Kay Thoompson

Sorry, I must go now. My sponsor is calling.

Stay tuned for the Ladies' Brunch!

1 comments:

SmallandCheery said...

Oh, well, it is better than having a drug habit. I personally have a yarn and fabric habit, so you are in good company.