Monday, December 10, 2007

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS: Breakfast at Tiffany's

Well, it wasn't really breakfast, it was brunch. And it wasn't at Tiffany's, either. It was at the Little America, but you get the idea. It's times like these when I need Erin and Kara to give me a cool quote from a Jane Austen novel to use as the title for my blog post.



These young women and I have known each other for a very long time. Since we were all 12, to be exact. (And no, I won't be doing any math for you. I'm 29 years old. I like this age and I'm sticking with it. It's worked really well for me for a while now.) We get together for birthdays and at Christmastime, swap work and home stories, cry a little over the trials life has handed each one of us, and laugh over the silly memories we have, when all we had to worry about was how to get our hair to be the biggest in the group. And just so you know, I would always win. We're missing a couple members of our group, one who is living in Washington, D.C. and heading out with the U.S. State Department to Afhghanistan in January to work on the government's justice programs over there, and one who is living in Denver with her family. I love each one of my friends, mostly because I feel younger when I'm with them. Each of our lives is unfolding in different ways, but we have a commond bond of shared memories and a desire to keep our friendship going. Even when it takes three weeks, five calendars and a note from our mothers to get together, right ladies?! So I'm very thankful today for good friends to laugh and cry with and also for patient husbands who take over at home so I can have a lunch without my children. Thanks, honey!



Stay tuned for Christmas Movie time!