Saturday, November 24, 2007

Merry Thanksgiving!

I hope all of you had fabulous Thanksgiving celebrations, wherever you were and whatever you were doing. I thought I would post a couple of pictures of our day.


This is my Uncle Leon. He will be 100 next July. He didn't seem to mind The Bug telling him all of her latest adventures. He's normally pretty quiet but visited with her quite a bit. It was a lot of fun to watch them interact together.


Note to Self: NEVER let your niece get a hold of your camera. One would think her upcoming marriage would sober her up a little. 'Guess not. I'm holding on to this one to go on her fiance's first CD. Watch for it.
I teased our cousin last week about decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Ever since we got married, it has been a tug-of-war over when to decorate. My family never decorated until almost the middle of December and my husband's family was all done decorating by the time the turkey was cold. Also, I think I've always rooted for the underdog holiday of Thanksgiving. I feel bad that it gets sidelined while Halloween and Christmas get to make the big (and expensive) plays. (Whoa! Too much football for you, young lady.)

However, my DNA has been dramatically altered. When we left for Thanksgiving dinner at my parents home, guess what our living room looked like?



So, no more teasing.

Now I'm off to do some holiday planning. Every year I promise myself I will be more organized, spend less money, and generally be less stressed about this holiday. This should be a wonderful memory every year, not something that stresses mom out and makes her cranky. Nobody likes that!

1 comments:

SmallandCheery said...

Cute tree and stockings!