Saturday, November 10, 2007

Teach Them While They're Young

My family got together today and assembled some hygiene kits, clothes and fun little toys to send to Cambodia, where my nephew is currently serving an L.D.S. mission. It was a great morning. I think the girls were more spectators, but we talked a lot to them about how blessed we are and how there are a lot of people who aren't so lucky and it's our job to help them as much as we can. I think they understood, and we'll keep working on it.


Here's the bug displaying some of our work.


Aren't my nephews cute? They had a great time packing the boxes. Pray everything makes it to Cambodia in one piece!

And here's our group:


The credit for this operation goes to my sister-in-law. I can't imagine the work, organization and expense of putting this together. We showed up to pack everything, but she had it all ready to go for us. Thanks!
By the way, I've got a big craft bug buzzing around in my ear. Now if I can get over my head-cold long enough to have enough energy to make it to the end of the day and some possible craft time, won't that be great! My sister crocheted the most unbelievable afhghan for my niece and her fiance. My jaw just hit the floor when I saw it. I must have one for me! She's so generous, there's no way I could have parted with a masterpiece like that. Stay tuned!

0 comments: