Monday, December 1, 2008

Everyone's Doing It . . .

Both Erin and Bri have done random lists on their blogs, and since I'm running dry right now on "bloggable" material, I thought I'd give it a try, just so you don't miss me too much!



-- Our Thanksgiving was great but I really feel like I shortchanged this important holiday. We were so busy cooking turkey, eating (way too much, twice) and decorating for Christmas, I did not take even one picture! Feeling more than a few guilts about that one.



-- I will create a new blog design this week, you hear me! It's a matter of personal pride now.



-- I have every phobia you can name . . . water, enclosed spaces, open spaces, heights, public speaking, should I go on? I added a new one recently: that I will die and some well-meaning relative/neighbor will go to my house to clean and open a cupboard or closet. It's a great motivator, however. My closets have never looked better! My sister and I have a pact that we are the only ones allowed to clean each others houses if we have a stroke. Don't judge me!



-- We are 90% done with our Christmas shopping! This is a first for us and we're both busting with pride on our organizational abilities. Of course, if we go into the storage room and see all of the presents from Nana, alphabetized and categorized by age and favorite color, we realize we've gone some room to improve.



-- I volunteered to chair the PTA Reflections Contest at our elementary school this year. Why didn't anyone warn me?



-- Dark Chocolate is good for your heart and therefore considered a member of the fruits and vegetables food group in our house.



-- Bug "found out" about Santa this year. This kid is just so smart! Sigh.



-- My sister has seen Twilight twice since it hit the theaters and I'm going with her this weekend. My mom would probably say our time would better be spent cleaning out our closets. She'd be right!



-- I think I was born about 120 years too late. I love going to Gardner Village, This Is The Place State Park and watch reruns of Little House on the Prairie and Avonlea. I have a secret urge to darn socks and churn butter.



-- I am a closet country music fun. Remember "Go Team Shelton!"?



OK, there you go. Now I'm off to clean a closet so I can die in peace!

6 comments:

ty and megs said...

love it!

{and if you and you sister happen to have strokes on the same day--i'll clean your closets! i swear i won't judge. can't be worse than mine.}

SmallandCheery said...

I always clean my house before I go on a trip....just in case I die. That way no one will judge me on my mess!

Kara said...

I am so jealous that you have almost all your shopping done. I haven't even started! Sigh.

Diane said...

I am loving the lists...you find out all sorts of interesting things....hmmmm. You are too funny on the closet thing...very clever of you to make that pact with your sister! As to not taking any pictures over Thanksgiving...well, you will be forgiven if you keep the pictures coming during Christmas--does this mean your camera is fixed? By the way,congrats on the almost completed Christmas shopping! Now you can just enjoy the fun of the holidays!
PS: Looking forward to the new blog design...

Jill said...

This is so funny because I have had the exact same fear and in essence the same motivation to clean out drawers and cupboards. There is nothing like a little death fear to get a person going.

Erin said...

Team Sheldon. Forever and for always.