Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deck The Halls

It was the elementary school Christmas program tonight.  This was our first year participating, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  What I got was a zoo.  600 kids, 2,000 parents/relatives all with at least two cameras and a camcorder in tow, all vying for prime picture-taking spots.  It's a jungle out there, people.  But it really was a great night, one of those memory making moments I'm working really hard to build up with the kids. 



We had a fun night and enjoyed having Grandma and Grandpa with us (they were presented with medals for being the best sports at a grandchild's school event).  We're screaming into the yuletide home stretch and I must say I'm enjoying Christmas so much more this year.  Slow down, make memories, enjoy the season, bake a lot, watch Christmas movies, read Christmas stories, look at all the Christmas lights, enjoy this great time of year.

Speaking of baking (well, sort of) I made myself a batch of this delic stuff tonight.  To give away, of course.  Oh, don't worry, I'm not a selfless baker/cook.  My batch is coming up tomorrow.  This is a great carmel popcorn.  Do not ask for the recipe unless you're prepared to look the other way as you combine obseen amounts of butter and sugar.   This batch is for the girls' teachers and Bug's piano teacher.  They're welcome.


Up next on the baking schedule, spiced nuts and Christmas bread (minus the pectin . . . sorry, Mom).  Stay tuned!

1 comments:

SmallandCheery said...

Oo, yummy. I love obscene popcorn.