Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hail To The Guy


(Guy's newest picture-taking phase -- "smile, Buddy!")
My sweet little boy turned three on Friday. Steady girl . . . deep breaths. He is such a funny little guy, he really makes our house a happy place. It's almost impossible to discipline this kid. The crocodile tears just come falling out of those gorgeous blue eyes, and it's enough to melt the toughest of parents, which I'm not!
Guy loves anything with a motor, and anything with a screen. We're looking forward to our guest house on his estate he'll build after his dot com goes public. He also loves running around outside. We can't pass the park fast enough before I hear "Go to the park, Mommy!" from the back seat, repeated about 100 times.
He is definitely his Daddy's boy. Those two are a dangerous pair, I tell you. Remember the incident with the alien's head being chopped off and Guy telling us, "It's OK, I'll kiss it better"? Yeah. They are just about inseperable and all day long I hear "When's Daddy coming home?" The minute BJ comes home, he becomes a little "Parent Stalker", and Guy will hardly let his daddy take his shoes off! However, I selfishly think there's a pretty special bond between the two of us as well. We love reading books together and playing on the floor with all of his cars. Did I mention he's additced to anything with a motor or a screen?
We were up North on a road trip visiting Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa, so his wasn't a traditional bday this year. We did go to their ward dinner that night and the cute ward sung Happy Birthday to our Guy. It actually made me cry! (That's my DH in the background you hear saying "Really, that's so unlike you!")
We just love our guy! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Ry Guy! Just love you to bits!

Diane said...

The Cutest Little Boy Ever! We Love you Ry Guy! Not many three years have a whole Ward sing Happy Birthday to you!

Jill said...

What a sweet little guy he is! Time flies and they are grown. And I cry too-no shame in that!

SmallandCheery said...

Cute! Can't believe he is three!