Sunday, November 9, 2008

Can I Still Blog About Halloween?

I know, it's been over a week, but I have a laundry list of excuses. More on that later.

We had a short Halloween due to rainy weather and one reluctant superhero. Our evening started out at Auntie Kara's, where we took all her candy because we decided no one was going to knock on her door. Well, the kids decided that, anyway. Bug and Belle canvassed a couple of streets in our neighborhood and then had enough sense to come in out of the rain. (I've always wanted to say that!)


I'm so sorry that this picture does not do justice to the Halloween costumes, particularly Belle's. She truly was the most glamorous kid on the block. Bug and I just kind of put hers together, but she had a lot of fun with it. "But where's the Guy?" I hear you all shouting at me. Well . . . in the car, having absolutely nothing to do with Halloween. No mask, no door knocking, nada. He clung to my sister's pants until I thought she'd be arrested for indecent exposure, so we let it go.


Until . . .


It's amazing how big his smile got as we started sharing some of the candy his sisters got. Well, not really that amazing if you know Guy at all, I guess. Luckily we bought their candy back before he could eat the whole bag at one sitting!

We finished up our evening with pizza (a firm tradition in our family) and a double-feature of "Ghost Whisperer." So, not the most exciting of holidays but we all enjoyed and I made copious notes for some fun ideas for next year!

3 comments:

ty and megs said...

i'm with the guy. candy can always fix my grumpy mood too. :)

Kara said...

They were definitely my favorite trick-o-treaters of the night!

Diane said...

How on earth did I miss this post? I have been waiting for your Halloween pics...and somehow I completely skipped this posting! They are the cutest "Halloween Kids" on the block! So fun to see them in costume and enjoying the holiday...Hopefully next year Ryan will have a change of heart!