Friday, October 31, 2008

Confessions of a Halloween Non-Lover

Hello, my name is Julianne, and I really don't like Halloween all that much. There. Thank you. I feel much better.

I hate the creepy side of Halloween. Since when did eating gummy severed fingers become cute? No skeletons and ghosts, blood and gore for me. And I hate the teenage trick-or-treaters pounding on my door, demanding free sugar.

So, to couneract my own bad attitutude (is that BA is blog-speak? I don't know), I'm going to force myself to "fake it 'til you make it" with this day. The kids have darling costumes (well, Bug's is kind of a cop-out, but she'll still look darling anyway) and I'll make it a great day for my kids sake. Halloween in DH's family was a totally cute family event, and those are memories I want my kids to have. But I'm not dressing up, do you hear me?

So, since I've laid it all on the table for you, it's your turn now. Do you really like Halloween, or are you just going along with the crowd on this one? Come on, we're all friends here.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love the cute aspect of Halloween...nothing creepy or gory for me! What I love the most is being with the family, seeing the kids dress up in cute costumes and accompanying them as they go trick and treating! I think when we are home, we will have to do a Grandma Hallstrom Halloween party--so much fun!

ty and megs said...

i'm with aunt di. i love halloween, but not the creepy stuff. i'm sure most of my love for the holiday comes from fun family memories.

can i come to the "grandma hallstrom party" she's gonna throw? but we need to find grandma's witch for it to be official.

happy halloween! i can't wait to see the kiddos costumes.

Kara said...

Yeah, I love fun family Halloween festivities. We need to start making our own traditions.

Erin said...

Sorry Julianne. I am in the liking Halloween camp. Looking like you are out-numbered. :)