Friday, January 30, 2009

Why It's Important Not To Take Yourself Too Seriously

I should call this The Ram Dialogues, in honor of Chinese New Year and my favorite little Ram.


Kindergarten Show and Tell was the letter "U" this week.  Belle and I talked about different things at our house that started with the letter U and decided she should take her ladybug umbrella to school.  We were hurrying this morning to get ready for school because we were all going together so I could just the science fair (no snickering, please) and I honestly forgot all about Show and Tell.  After judging, Guy and I went to pick up Belle a little early to go home.  She hadn't done her Show and Tell yet so her teacher asked her to show everything what she brought so we could get home.  As I'm standing there next to her teacher, Belle pulls out a (very clean, mind you) white pair of Underwear from home.

I have a very smart daughter who knows Underwear starts with the letter U.

When asked why the change, she said "I wanted to make everyone laugh, mom!"  I'm sorry, but weren't Rams supposed to never defy authority?

8 comments:

Jill said...

Totally classic! That will be a story that will be told for years to come.

Erin said...

Oh man...this cracks me up. I am laughing and laughing.

Diane said...

I am laughing SO hard--What a fabulous, funny story! Honestly, that Belle! She is an original...making everyone laugh indeed! Question? Did everyone laugh? (I am so happy the underwear was clean!) Thanks for sharing!

Laurel said...

okay, THAT is funny.

I think maybe even I'll start telling that story for years to come!

Kara said...

This kills me! I am laughing so hard right now. Love that girl.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

What a smarty pants! She is a keeper and so is that story!

Adam and Bri said...

That Ellie is a smart one indeed.

ty and megs said...

love it! at least she showed a clean pair of undies, and not the pair she was wearing...