Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

OK, so mom trumped me in the holiday celebration department . . . again.  You all really need to check out mom's post about her Chinese New Year's celebration.  



I love exposing my kids to other cultures.  We are totally blessed to have some very direct ways to teach them about other people and how they live their lives, like travelling there to visit!  We kept our celebration very simple, just indulging in some takeout and using our blue and white dishes.  But we will definitely keep celebrating.



Some highlights.  

a: realized someone had been playing with my new camera, hence the foggy pictures.  No, it's not steamy in the room, those are little fingerprints all over the lens.

b: how long does it take one five year-old (who, for the record, defies authority at every turn, mom!) to eat one piece of brocolli . . . 10  minutes.  But she did it!

c: Guy's favorite dish: "noodles and catchoo chickn!"

So, goodnight from the rooster, the ram, the golden dragon (always new my girl was something special) and their parents, the two oxen!

5 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

Looks like fun! And Kung Hei Fat Choy to you!

Diane said...

Pretty funny post Julianne--you have a gift for telling a story! I love that you are celebrating Chinese New Year. When we are home, we are going to have to see how we can bring the year in with a bang! And lets not forget those lee see envelopes! Love, Love, Love, your zodiac family!

Jill said...

So fun-you're a cute mom. Mmmm Chinese food sounds good right now.

Erin said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Your kids and Chinese food...two of my favorite things!

Kara said...

I wish I could have been there! So fun!