Thursday, January 15, 2009

CADD

Hello, my name is Juju and I have a problem: I call it Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder.  


Exhibit A:  Crochet.

I have the following projects "on the hook": One baby blanket, an afhghan, and a grocery bag.

Exhibit B:  Knitting.  

OK, so this one is still in the "think system" stage.  But I'm determined.  If my left-handed sister can teach herself how to knit right-handed with no help, I have no excuse with my army of knitting goddesses behind me. 

Exhibit C:  Scrapbooking.  

Sigh.  Double sigh.  But I've got plans . . . big plans!

Exhibit D: Sewing. 

Various projects in various stages of completion, from fabric waiting to be made into something (I'm thinking lounge pants or floor pillows from Amy Butler's book In Stitches or maybe something from her new book Little Stitches) to blankets that have been tied and need to be finished off to be donated to the LDS Humanitarian Center.  Oh, and the pile of repair work that needs to be done.

And after all of this confession time and shameless listing of my faults to the public (I will probably never hear the end of this from BJ), my favorite place besides my house is still my local crafting store, 40% off coupon clutched in my sweating palms.  So my goal this year (yikes, that kind of sounds like a New Year's resolution!) is to get a handle on this pile.  Well, truth be told I'll probably just replace old projects with new ones.  Honesty among friends, right?

I'm starting to make Chinese New Year plans.  It comes this year on January 26th and is a favorite holiday of ours.  Any excuse for some takeout, right?!

4 comments:

Kara said...

I have to be monogamous to projects. I do not let myself start a new thing if I still have something to finish. It is the only way I can get anything finished. So I can relate.

Adam and Bri said...

Yes, ANY excuse for Chinese take out is A-OK by me.

And at least you have craft aspirations! I'm sure that knitting gene is in me somewhere, and yet I can't even bring myself to explore it.

Sigh.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I decided last January to make Christmas quilts for my kids...I've got all year right? Well, I was still finishing them the day before Christmas! I vowed not to even entertain projects this year because it added so much stress and pressure to an already stressed and pressured time, didn't leave much time to actually enjoy Christmas time!? Guess who is thinking about possible Christmas projects once again...will I ever learn!? Those 40% off coupons are a dangerous thing! I am holding strong so far...you can too!

CraftyGoodness said...

Oh Miss Julianne-you are in VERY good company. I'm still working on my socks..from LAST APRIL.