Thursday, March 13, 2008

We're On The Road to Avonlea, Because There's Nowhere Else To Go

Both Bretto and his mom reminded me yesterday that I haven't posted in quite a while. Well, sadly, there is a very easy explanation for this: there's been nothing to blog about! Unless you're all interested in my routine-of-late of get up, make beds, teach music lessons, clean house, "nurture" children (refrain from yelling for 15 minutes), teach music lessons, make dinner, supervise homework, go to bed, repeat, well, there's just not that much for me to share. Sorry, but I've been really boring lately!

I suppose this could also have something to do with it. I did not watch Avonlea when it was first aired on the Disney channel. But Kara gave us a Netflix membership for Christmas and DH wanted to watch Avonlea with this girls. There is something addictive about being able to watch a show sans commercials. One episode turns into one DVD, which turns into one season . . . get the picture? And remember how we started this to watch with the girls? Well, they haven't seen as many episodes as their parents, that's for sure! I told Bretto I've decided I want to move to a farm and churn butter. And smart husband that he is, he just smiles. He's smart enough to know that I'd last about 30 seconds on an actual farm, but even smarter to know not to say that out loud!

So, when I complete my triatholon or run for public office, I'll have much more interesting posts, I'm sure. Until then, you'll have to content yourselves with housework and TV overdoses! I do promise some updates on some craft projects I'm working on finishing up, however, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back to posting! I love the Avonlea series....one of the best family productions ever! Of course, the fact that it was produced and done in Canada might have something to do with it as well! I remember when we discovered this series. Our friend Laura Vaden had it taped and would let us borrow them. We could not wait to see the next episode as well...so you are completely forgiven for neglecting some things!

CassiLou said...

I know what you mean about not much exciting. Sounds like us. They have the whole Avonlea series on DVD at Sam's Club right now. I just found them yesterday and told Matt I want him to buy them for me. I can't wait until summer when I can take the kids outside and maybe get a little sun.