Monday, March 24, 2008

Make Good Choices!

I cringe when I think of the day I say that to my own kids. Will I then eat a fortune cookie and become 16 again? I certainly hope not. But I hope all of us make good choices when it comes to the information we put on our blogs.

I read an article in our local newspaper today about information we put out there on our blogs. I just wanted to encourage all of you to be safe out there while blogging. So, just in case we all need a little reminder (which, frankly, you probably don't, but oh well), keep in the mind the following (these are my ideas, by the way, and I make no claim to being an expert):

-- Always remember, any information you put on your blog can be seen by the entire world. With that always in the back of your mind, I think we'll all be careful and stay safe out there.

-- Set up your blog so you have to approve any comments before they are published. Anything weird that comes through never even sees your blog that way.

-- If you designate your blog as "public", set it up so that you can't search for it on Google or any other search engine. The people who you want to see your blog will get your link, and you don't want just anyone to come across your blog while searching for information on how to build an underground bunker.

-- Avoid using real names (especially last names), in posts or comments for that matter. Also be pretty broad in referring to geographical locations.

-- Check out these posts for some other good ideas.

-- Blogging is so fun and a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. But like so much out there these days, it's a great tool that needs to be used wisely. Have fun and stay safe!

We went hopping down the bunny trail this weekend. More pics to come later!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I HAD to comment on your blog, JuJu, when I dropped by to visit. That's my daughter's nickname and so I love it. You go girl... blog, blog, blog, blog... It's fun.

I enjoyed getting to know more about you!

Ro