Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I've done a horrible job of celebrating holidays in our house, but today I took a baby step in trying to remedy that. I've been reduced to a near-panic lately at how fast my kids are growing up. We have them this little for such a short amount of time, and I want their childhood to be full of great memories for all of us.

When Bells woke up this morning, she found she had been kissed by a Lucky Leprechaun.


I actually got the idea last year here. Just a silly little thing, but it really excited her. Her brother and sister didn't get kissed this year, so she kept asking if she was going to have more luck than them. We'll see. Maybe her mom will get lucky and she'll start waking up happy instead of grumbling at me for two hours every morning, particularly when I want to take her picture. Who knows.

So, make some green pancakes for dinner tonight and enjoy the people around you, big and little alike. Life goes so fast. Enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

SmallandCheery said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky, lucky Ellie! Being kissed by someone with the luck of the Irish has to mean that this will be a great year of good things!