Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dr. Spock, Eat Your Heart Out!

My extremely brilliant son potty-trained himself this weekend.  Seriously.  There were no charts with stickers, treat boxes, towels on every surface of my house, begging, pleading, screaming, patches of hair missing from the back of my head.  We're just done.


What is this miracle, you say?  How did you manage such a feat?  Please, publish a book so we can all bask in your brilliance!  Well, if you insist, here's my sure-fired, no-fail potty-training method.

Ahem . . .

1.  Wait until your child is embarassingly old.  I'm talking voice is changing, we're checking out colleges, his dates are wondering why his mom has to come too.

2.  At this point, he'll be the laughing stock of the junior class and will simply say to you "mom, this whole diaper thing just isn't me any more.  I love you, but I need to be my own person."  You sniff and wonder why he's abandoned you, but you respect his decision.

3.  The end.

I'd love to post pictures of his cute little backside is his new boxer briefs (his dad was very specific on this point).  However, something tells me I'd probably be arrested.

Still unpacking boxes.  Dont' worry, pictures are coming!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay for no diapers in the house (and for little boys who can tell their mom when diapers just aren't their thing anymore)!

Kara said...

He is a potty rockstar!

Jill said...

You crack me up. What a big little man you have there. Congratulations on no more diapers!

Erin said...

He sure loves his big boy pants. What a cute kid.

Juli said...

Awesome!! Hassle-free potty training deserves a standing ovation! Go, Ryan!!

Adam and Bri said...

Go Ryan! Go Ryan! Go, go, go Ryan.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

Hip, hip, hooray! Does this qualify as a "tender mercie"?!

ty and megs said...

lucky you!! diapers gone FOREVER!!

Diane said...

Once again we are humbly proud of our little Ryan! Way to go!