Thursday, May 21, 2009

She's a Weiner!


My Bug actually won a bike at school today!  All that reading this year paid off big time.  


Our school participated in the Ken Garff "Road to Success" reading program this year (I thought I'd give them a little plug . . . they gave us a bike).  Four lucky students' names were drawn to receive new bikes.  Yeah, Bug!

OK, so here's the fine print.  Because Bug is at the top of the lower grades and the top of the tall scale, the bike they chose for her age group is a bit small, in case you can't tell.  We're currently in negotiations over how to handle a hand-over to younger, shorter, sister.  I'll let you know how it goes.  We're currently up to $20 Canadian for our trip this summer, a movie date ("Hannah Montana The Movie") and one of my kidneys, if she ever needs one . . .

Up next, a 30-second virtual tour of the new abode.  Just let me unpack a few thousand boxes first.

4 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

hooray for emma! i never win anything, so i'm completely enamored with people who do.

Diane said...

WOW! What a fantastic, exciting thing to happen to cute Emma! Way to go, girl--keep up the reading! (Just for fun, Emma, ask aunti Erin what she won for her first reading marathon sponsered by ______!) I am SO SAD the bike is too small--sniff, sniff!

Kara said...

Yay! Emma! That is awesome! I always knew she was a winner!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

Wow! Congrats Emma! Does she need help negotiating with her parents on the exchange?