Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Welcome Home!


OK, so here we go, as promised. But before we begin, I must say I truly need about 8,000 photography lessons. Please bear with me.

(I'm suce a lemming . . .)



I'm a huge fan of the exposed beams, and the color, and the huge porch . . . a real fan.



Please let me intrudoce my fourth baby, our new piano! It's so fabulous, I barely let anyone touch it. But that will soon change, something that is both good and bad!



Where all the action happens, including totally inappropriate amounts of video game playing.



Here we have the living room fireplace. No, I haven't hung up any pictures yet. Hammers and I have mutual phobias of one another. I tend to mutilate walls with about 50 holes before I have it right. I'm waiting for the experts!



My Bugs room. She's having so much fun putting things in just the right place, and not having to worry about a brother and sister "messing with her stuff." Yikes, I'm seeing puberty on the horizon here. Please send help!



Smellies room (shout out to Kara!) She sleeps in a different bed each night. ;)



My FAVORITE room! It stretches around the corner and under the porch. Imagine it filled with a year's supply of tomato soup. I already have three Costco sized packages of toilet paper, or "Mountain Money" as BJ calls it. I figure in an emergency it will become legal tender.

So, there's a quick tour of our new home. We're having so much fun getting settled, organizing and putting things away, meeting new friends and becoming a part of the community.

We're definitely having a "Staycation" year this summer, with the exception of a much-loved trip to Canada! We're looking forward to a bike-riding, roller-blade riding, swimming pool visiting, memory-making summer!

7 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

it's such a wonderful house! we're so excited for you guys.

love you!

ty and megs said...

love it!! how fun that so many of the hallstroms are all moving this month. what a family bonding experience. :)

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

i love it...congrats on your wonderful new home...and piano! i noticed that you had a picture of the 1st presidency on your frig but that mine was severely lacking...ha! ha!

Diane said...

I am perplexed as to how I missed this post! I love seeing your darling home and how it is all coming together! I am so happy that you found such a great home in a terrific neighborhood! Congrats! Can't wait to see it in person!

Juli said...

Hooray for your new home!! I absolutely covet your food storage space.

Kara said...

Yay! It already has been a place for great memories. Imagine what the years hold.

CraftyGoodness said...

Lovely!