Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pause To Think

My niece told me yesterday that I needed to update because she was running out of things to do at work. Let's hope her boss doesn't read my blog!

I had two "thinking" moments this weekend. One while reading the "Oprah" magazine at the hairdressers, the other in church today. Actually, that just gave me a third "thinking moment"!

Oprah's "A-ha" moment this month was written by Angela Bassett. It was the last paragraph that caught my attention. Her basic idea is that if you are doing what you love, what you are passionate about, you won't be able to do it in an average way. It really made me think about the effort and passion I put into every part of my life.

A sister in our Relief Society made a comment today that I never want to forget. She said that it is the "Seekers" in life who will be the happiest in the next life. The ones who seek the Spirit the most, the ones who are constantly seeking opportunities for learning and service. She said you can almost predict how they will act in any situation because they are a Seeker. Later someone else made a comment about being doers of the word and not hearers only. The phrase "Seekers and Doers" has been ringing in my ears all day.

Think of how we would act if we were all Passionate Seekers and Doers! I think we might even get this political system of ours straightened out!

Happy week!

2 comments:

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

Thanks for the spiritual thought on this monday morning! I was reading over my Primary lesson last night and it shared the story of when Pres. Kimball asked that the chorus of I am a Child of God be changed from "Teach me all that I must know" to "Teach me all that I must DO"...thought that kind of fit along with your Seekers & Doers theme. Funny how you hear something and then you hear other things that support it all at the same time...is there a plan or something?!

Diane said...

Great message Julianne. I completely agree with Kathy Jo's comments as well. I loved the thought processess on seeking and doing and I am grateful that you took the time to share them with us!