Sunday, February 3, 2008

Till We Meet Again




Yesterday, I said goodbye, for a short season, to someone very special to me, someone who I truly admire and who has greatly shaped the person I am, or hope to become. I never met President Hinckley, but I will always think of him fondly and I will always seek to "Stand a Little Taller" because of what he taught me.



To honor President Hinckley, I am making the following goals:



-- I will read the entire Book of Mormon by October conference. This will by no means by a speed-read. I am taking until October conference because 1) April conference is just too soon, and 2) I want to take some time to really dig deep into these scriptures he loved so much.



-- I will attend the temple twice a month until October conference. President Hinckley will always be known as a builder of temples, and I think it's so important that we all use these buildings that were so special to him.



-- I will read his biography. I have read bits and pieces but I want to read the entire book.



It's probably more than a little strange to publish goals like this on a blog, but I am hoping that you will all quiz me on my progress to keep me going, and maybe you will be inspired to make some similar goals of you own. I look forward to sustaining new leadership of our church and honoring the memory of someone who meant so much to each of us.



Have a Wonderful Week!

0 comments: