Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Morning Breakfast

This morning was one of those days I have to remember because my kids are growing up way too fast. I'm crossing my fingers that they will perfect cryogenic freezing and I can preserve my kids while they're young, fun, still listen to me (most of the time) and, frankly, still need me. A great little "Tender Mercy" I need to keep track of.


The girls have been very much into creating elaborate schemes in their play lately. We started with the "music" concerts a few weeks ago. Then we started playing "Daycare" with namecards, nap mats, snacks and an organized curriculum. Today, we had Saturday morning breakfast. I was upstairs working on laundry and cleaning and Bug asked if she could make breakfast. Man, I had no idea what I was agreeing to.





Let's see, I see milk (of course spilled on the tablecloth, but don't worry, there's a towel under there and the tablecloth is already washed, ironed and back on the table), juice, chocolate syrup, about 20 different types of cereal, waffles, cinnamon toast, bananas . . . they really went all out. We even had placecards, menus and personalized cups (oh, and little Valentine's Day hearts for that added little touch).





I think they understood a little better the work that goes into feeding a group. They've already put in their request for next week:




This afternoon, we've been working on a play fort. I don't hear any power tools being pulled out, so I think we're OK . . . so far.


Have a great week!

0 comments: