Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back (sniff) to School (sniff)

We're back to school here. This year, both my girls are school-bound. OK, so Ells-bells goes to school for 2 hours 3 days a week, but it's still school, and soon she'll be grown up and living on the other side of the country and she won't need me any more and I'll be old and grey . . . ok, deep breaths now.


The girls are really loving school. And I'm loving having them in school. We're very lucky that we haven't had any of the back-to-school drama a lot of kids put their parents through. We're lucky they're very intelligent and get along great both academically and socially. We're lucky we live close to good schools with people who love our children (almost) as much as we do. We're just lucky. And I only tear up about 8 times a day now missing then when they're gone. But that's the essence of a mother's role: hopefully we work ourselves out of a job.












So here are some back to school picks. Now, I know everyone thinks their kids are beautiful, intelligent and just about perfect, but I honestly just can't imagine more beautiful children than mine. Isn't genetics a hoot?

0 comments: