Saturday, September 15, 2007

What About Bob?!

Meet our new family mascot . . . Bob, the incredibly large, run away screaming, shield your children's eyes spider. These pictures I'm including are not very good and do not give you the full sense of either Bob's size or his true creepiness. I was not about to get close enough to this little guy to get a good picture. So not worth it. I truly was expecting him to look at me and ask me to pass the ketchup. We think he's the muscle for a spider mob.



The kids were fascinated with Bob when we saw him outside our living room window yesterday. The guy even has a new phrase -- "Where's Bob?" We had a very educational talk about how spiders spin webs, what they eat (in this case, hopefully not the children), how many legs they have, you know. But now, it's time for Bob to go . . . very, very, very far away.

Reason number 5 (well, maybe 2) on the list of reasons why I love my husband: I am terrified of spiders and he kills them for me. Early in our relationship he was dubbed "bug boy." And the nickname stuck. Today, he has truly earned his boy scout badge in arachnid removal. I can very often pull myself together enough to kill spiders when he's not around, but there is no way (repeat, no way) I was going after this bad boy.

And so, farewell, Bob. Alas, we hardly knew ye.

postscript:
Bob has been successfully relocated in a spider-mob witness protection program. He is now living in Rhode Island under the assumed name of Harrison.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...You are too funny! You had me laughing all through your narrative...What a delightful way to describe your very big, new and now, dearly departed house guest. I am so happy that he left before we come home! Are you positive there are no lurkers in dark corners?

SmallandCheery said...

Erm yes. A spider of that size might come in and eat all of your chips while watching tv on your couch.