Friday, August 24, 2007

Moment of Truth

All right, so I have a confession to make . . . I'm a starter, (good) but not a finisher (very bad). I get very excited and "concerned over a great many things." (five points for anyone who can catch that biblical reference.) However, within an embarassingly short amount of time, I have lost my motivation or belief that I can actually accomplish what I set out to do. My husband has banned me from all craft stores until I finish the thirty unfinished projects sitting in our office. I make lists and schedules with all of the best intentions of doing fabulous things with our home and our kids only to find that at 3 o'clock in the afternoon many days all my children have done is watch every episode of "Hanna Montana" that was on that day. So, I'm enlisting all of you to be my sponsors by admitting my faults and making (another) attempt to be much better. In that spirit, I am going to show you two "finishes" this week. Yeah me! (ok, that's from "Suite Life of Zack and Cody", please help me!) . . .



Well, it isn't a complete life change, but it's a clean closet. There's a story behind why I chose my closet to overhaul, but I'm not ready to tell that embarassing story just yet. One fault at a time, right?

And here's another "finish" this week . . .


This little guy is now ready to mail to Colorado to one of my best friends who just had a baby girl. And the baby's not even ready to graduate from high school yet. Are you impressed?

So, here I am in all my honest glory, wanting to be more of a "finisher." And now that I know that I'll have all of you to answer to, I'm off to organize another closet. Yeah me!

0 comments: