Friday, April 2, 2010

So, What Do You Post About When You Really Have Nothing To Post About?!

I'm constantly harassed by my 'blogging' friends about how often I post. "This is your Family Journal," they say. "Your kids will look back on your blog and wonder what you did as a family!" Well, let's try to sum up the last two months, to catch y'all up!

-- Belle is up and running on her two-wheeler! Yeah, Belle! She's having a great time crusing the neighborhood with her friends.

-- Guy's decided he wants to ride the smallest two-wheeler, with training wheels. Sometimes. Some days, it's just 'too big.'

-- We survived another piano evaluation season for Bug. Two Saturdays of performance and other evaluations in sight reading and technique. I think we're both a bit worn out, because there has not been much practicing going on this week, since we've finished up.

-- New cabinet pulls and a new patio! Stay tuned for sprinklers and grass and everything! Woohoo! And we're using under our stairs as a new reading cave for the kids. They love it! Plus, it keeps that area much neater than using it for toy storage. What a nightmare that was!

-- Severe crafty blahs! I have plenty of projects screaming my name, but all I want to do is sit in my chair and read. If you're not a Goodreads friend with me, by the way, consider me offended.

-- Niece Maggie arrives this month! We're not sure when exactly her parents are going to get to hold her. Maybe they can have the 10 pm - 7 am shift. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. But I can't wait to hold a baby again! The smell, the tiny head, the cute little tongue . . . heaven.

-- On the other end of the spectrum, my oldest nephew will be married next month and moving away to Ohio. I was one of the first to babysit him after he was born. Is he really old enough now to be getting married? Am I really that old?!

-- I am desperatelyl seeking a new hairstyle! I have a great friend who cuts my hair and does a great job, but I'm so styling deficient and have SO MUCH hair, it always ends up looking the same. Suggestions? Kind ones, please!

-- Conference starts tomorrow. Everyone make sure and watch Sunday morning session, you may just see a familiar face. Just saying.

Have a wonderful week everybody. I promise to post again soon with finished projects, home projects finished up, and kids lapping up the sunshine!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Seems like a lot of great, great stuff going on to me! How fun!

Melanie said...

Just saying, huh. You certainly have my curiosity peaked!

Erin said...

A good sum up of what is going on. Add me to the list of friends that thinks you need to post more. :)

Jill said...

That is a great update! It sounds like life is rolling along in your neck of the woods. We miss you guys.

Juli said...

I've got blogger's block, too! Thanks for the update, though. Glad you guys are doing well--and Happy Easter!!