Friday, August 1, 2008

Aloha!

After several days I'm finally emerging from my jet-lag haze (I'm pathetic, I know) and getting back to real life!


Our vacation was one word ... fabulous! We can't thank everyone enough who made it possible for us. Grandpa, Nana, Jim and Kathie... you're all amazing. Some of our favorite spots:

-- Kua 'Aina Hamburgers (of course)


-- Liliha Bakery cocoa puffs (we had these bad boys in our hands within an hour of arriving)

-- Ala Moana mall (if only we could afford to actually buy something there!)

-- Lovely Ladies' Luncheon (Thanks Kathie!)


-- Matsumoto's Shave Ice ... these are no snow cones, people!

-- The Polynesian Cultural Center (ask Adam about this one!)

-- Teddy's Bigger Burgers (sigh, more food!)


-- Kailua Beach (at least the big people liked it (Bug and Guy both got slammed into the beach, end of beach experience!)


-- A true favorite spot was Jim and Kathie's pool and home theater. At least I think the theater was our favorite spot, I never really stayed awake long enough to find out!

-- Haleiwa Joe's, where the scenery is gorgeous and the Prime Rib is indescribably huge!

But beyond all the food and the fabulous scenery was the great time we had being with our family and friends in Hawaii. We celebrated Grandpa's 90th birthday, caught up with old friends and were generally spoiled! I have to admit it was a little hard to come home!
But we did come home to our life, family and friends here! We're now getting ready to start school, 3rd grade and Kindergarten! Get your kleenex's ready, people!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Please, please, please come visit again because I am already missing my little babysitter and I have a cell phone charge with your name on it!

SmallandCheery said...

I wants me some of that shaved ice!

CassiLou said...

I am absolutely green with envy. However you guys deserve to have an AWESOME vacation. I'm glad you all had so much fun. I also know what you mean about klenex. I'm putting one in kindy and then one in preschool. Wait! That's the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll have three in school Yippee!!

Diane said...

Our family time in Hawaii was absolute perfection! Imagine having ALL of your most favorite people in the world together and sharing in the beauty of Hawaii--it just doesn't get better than this! We are so glad you had a fabulous time...I know that Dad and I did!

Adam and Bri said...

Oh, Hawaii. How I miss it!

Great post!

Erin said...

This post makes me happy...and a little sad that we still aren't there. It was a perfect vacation.