Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Springtime Concert (and a Major Undo!)

UPDATE: Houston, We Have Video! Note to Self: Seriously work on videography skills!

Bug had her Spring Concert last night and did very well, I must say. Daddy stayed home with Belle and The Guy who are still hanging onto our stomach flu, so it was just the two of us. Grandma and Grandpa came for moral support which was great fun. My Dad always has a book with him wherever he goes and sat on the back row reading until Bug was up. Not sure about the social appropriateness of that one, but oh well. After three tries, my video won't upload for some reason, so no video for y'all right now. If I can get it to work later today, I'll update.



The program itself was actually a game of Name that Tune since it was a "Pops" concert with mostly recognizable songs, which I won. Just sayin'. There was also Music Bingo and door prizes. Very different and very fun, and it gave me some great ideas for my own studio.

On a completely different and very whiny point, I have to undo a pretty good section of the Afghan I'm working on. In knitting I understand they call this "frogging." Either way it's very sad and I actually haven't had the heart to do it yet. It's killing me to flush that block of time down the toilet. But what can you do? I'm just about done, and looking forward to curling up with my creation, a good book, and a glass of ice-cold bubbles!

We're heading to the cemetery this weekend for Memorial Day activities. After that, we're cruising into Summer! We've got some fantastic plans and we're all ready for a change of routine. Swimming lessons, anyone?

p.s. Just talked to DH on the phone. Remember our stomach flu? Well, we managed to give it to Adam and Bri. Please show me to the closest rock I need to hide. Does anyone know the appropriate gift to say "so sorry I infected you with a disgusting intestinal disorder?" Is that paper or sterling?

5 comments:

Diane said...

I am shedding a few tears as I write this! Emma played so beautifully! Thank you, Julianne, for taking the video and not giving up on getting it to upload...What a sweet experience it was to press play-- and to watch and listen to her perform Beauty and the Beast! Bravo Emma! Bravo! Keep up the practicing...you have great talent. I just wish we could have been there to cheer you on...however, I insist on a command performance when we come home in June/July!
Nana

Shawn on Vacation said...

These little ones have gotten big way too fast. we need to get the kids together for a playdate.-Jill

Adam and Bri said...

Way to go Emma! You sounded fabulous, dah-ling. You rocked the recital that rocked that recital.

Oh, and all is forgiven on the sick front, you guys. But if you happen to see me coughing on your food in the future, don't worry about it. It's not payback.

JK! Love you!

Erin said...

Oh! Emma is brilliant on the piano. Thanks for letting me feel like I could be there too.

aunt lynnie said...

What a great concert Emma! I was really glad to watch the video since I was unable to see you in person. Sounds like you had lots of fun! Kenna and Alex and I will come to visit soon.. Love you :)