Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remembering

We had a very fun, busy Memorial Day weekend. I love to go to the cemetery each year I can to visit the graves of my grandparents. They all died before I was born, with the exception of my paternal grandmother, who died before my first birthday. So to me, visiting their graves is kind of like going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The girls have gotten into the spirit and enjoy it as well. My sister and niece went with us so it was kind of a party!

My kids loved being with their beautiful cousin. She'll graduate from Murray High School this weekend (go David!) and plans to study child psychology. Let me know how that goes, kid!

A new stop this year was the Salt Lake City cemetery, where DH's great-grandparents are buried. He'd never been there, so I was excited for the hunt. We scrubbed and shined the tombstone and were pretty happy with the results.


Monday, we had a "barbeque" (meaning we grilled chicken outside but ate downstairs) with some old Hawaii friends. We love the rain (mother nature's irrigation system) but it certainly can be inconvenient! But I'm sure we'll get more than our share of sun. Belle's preschool graduation was today, out in the sun. I forgot how cranky that can make me! Sorry, world!

I'll do another post from "graduation" this week. Take care, everyone!

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a fun Memorial Day weekend. Who knew that polishing headstones could be so much fun? I am glad that you found Grandpa Art and Grandma Lou's resting place...this thoughtful gesture would not go unnoticed by them! Next year, you might have to find Lambie and Gramps! Darling pictures of the kids...thanks!

SmallandCheery said...

Good to see everyone well again..