Wednesday, October 31, 2007

5 Things I Think My Children Should Know

Our cousin posted this entry on her blog over the weekend and it really got me thinking about the 5 most important things I want my children to know. So, here goes:

1. You are adored by two parents who want nothing but great things for you. This love is not conditional upon you acting a certain way or achieving certain things in life. This does not mean, however, that you will never be sent to your room.

2. Life is a journey, not a destination.

3. Work hard at your education, your careers, and any other pursuits you undertake.

4. Be honest. Especially when it's hard.

5. Be reliable. Be the person people can count on to do what you say you'll do.

And, sorry, I have to add a six and even a seven.

6. Tell the people you love that you love them. Thinking you're showing them doesn't count, they have to hear the words come from you.

And, shoutout to my husband's genes:

7. Yes, kids, you do have chocolate running through your veins.

Happy Haunting! We'll post some trick-or-treating pics later this week.

2 comments:

ty and megs said...

"this does not mean, however, that you will never be sent to your room." hee hee. definitely my favorite part.

i'm looking forward to seeing your halloween pics! :)

CassiLou said...

Halloween always reminds me of the Hallstroms. Can't wait to see how the next generation looked this spooky holiday.