Monday, January 14, 2008

The January Blahs

I have a bad case of the January Blahs. Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery, right?

I keep trying to do something creative, and I'm getting nothing. I can barely even write this post. Bretto called and asked me what I wanted for dinner and I just went "uhhhh...." Nothing. I think my brain is hibernating until warmer weather arrives.

I'm in good company, though. Bretto and I have a running contest over who's being the grumpiest. Poor kids. And I guess it's a widespread phenomenon, talked about at length by TV broadcasters during a slow news day. I may try a few of their ideas, especially the organizing tips. Heaven help the next child who comes to me with "Mom, do you know where my ... is?"

I did do a little bit of creative work this weekend. I've become a digital scrapbooking junkie. I love the fact that the only money I've spent is on Photoshop Elements. All of the papers, embellishments, etc. that I use are freebies I've downloaded off the internet. I also love that the only storage I need to worry about is on my computer. I used to have to drag all of my boxes out when I wanted to work and then put them all back. I must say though that you wouldn't know it looking at the closet in our computer room. It looks like a paper factory exploded in there. But I do still like to make cards occasionally, and I have plans to do a scrapbook of Bug's postcard collection. So it will get used.


Shout out to Kara's phenomenal knitting skills. I must humbly admit that Bells makes the hat. Don't you think?



Sister's Night was organized by Erin several years ago and has always been one of my girls' Aunties' favorite Christmas traditions. So when Emma asked last year if Ellie could sleep with her I was thrilled. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right Erin? Although it hasn't lasted more than 15 minutes yet, it's something the girls have to do on Christmas Eve.


I said back in December that my siblings and parents like to do a gingerbread house at our Christmas party. With Bretto's siblings this year we did sugar cookies. All I can say is . . . too fun. I think my favorite was Adam's Mean Frosty.

So I'll continue my work and let you know if anything great comes out of it. Wish both the DH and I luck in working through the January blahs. And if you have any miracle cures, let me know. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would think just looking at photos of the cutest kids EVER would knock me out of the January Blahs in a minute....Outstanding job Julianne....really darling pages! I think your creative juices are warming up nicely!

SmallandCheery said...

Love the pics! Hang in there..spring is coming soon!