Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy B-Day to the B-Jay!!


My darling hubby turns ____ today. In truth, he doesn't have the same age issues I do, but since we're the same age, I can't tell you how old he is today!


BJ is my best friend and the person I want to tell everything to. Sometimes he doesn't want to hear it all, but I want to tell him all the same!

We love watching movies (Star Wars and Star Trek are two of our favorites), road trips (Canada and maybe even Alaska?!), and anything we probably shouldn't eat! Topping our favorites list there is Chinese and Mexican, and did I mention dessert?! Sad but true, our house is the house where every good-intentioned diet goes to die!

I'm a little bit embarassed to say he's the master chef at our house. Man do we eat good around here! Remember how our house is a diet graveyard? Yeah. Anyone who's stayed with us knows exactly what I'm talking about.

BJ refuses to do anything for himself, and spoils his children outrageously. They love him for it! The Guy can now turn on the crocodile tears on demand and get just about anything he wants from his dad. Truly, anything. Pray he can't do that when he's 16 or we may have a Mustang sitting in our garage on his birthday.

He works so hard every day and has made my dream possible of staying home to raise our short, noisy roommates. I 150% respect him as the priesthood leader of our home and express gratitude every day in my prayers to have a worthy priesthood holder in my home.

I love him a million swedish fish. His kids love him a million blue M&M's.

Happy Birthday, BJ!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Brett! Hugs from us to all of you.

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to the best brother of all time! Love that Brett.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Brett!!!

Diane said...

Oh, how we love YOU Brett! Have a super wonderful birthday today--full of wonderful things to eat and do!

Juli said...

Happy Birthday, Brett!
Julianne, you're so sweet about your hubby =)

Erin said...

Happy birthday to my wonderful brother. I love you Brett.

Adam and Bri said...

Happy Birthday Brett! I couldn't ask for a better big brother. I sure love you.

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

I must be tired or old or both...every blog I read tonight is making me teary!? happy birthday dear Bretto, I love you a million hot fudge sundaes...the real Hallstrom kind in the authentic goblets, with fudge out of the big can, and hard hand-packed scoops...sitting in Grandma's kitchen preferable!